Sunday 22 December 2013

2013 Favourites | Lips


L to R- Loreal Glam Shine Stain Splash | Lolita, ELF | Runway Pink, Rimmel London Kate Moss Matte | 107, Rimmel London Moisture Renew | Rose Passion 
Bottom- Revlon Lip Balm Stain | Honey


This year I have really gotten into lip products, before this year I only ever wore tinted lip balm, but I have really enjoyed trying new products and seeing how much a lip product changes an entire look. These have been the products I have been reaching for the most.

Carmex | Cherry - For about 2 years this has been my go to lip balm, it is amazing. It fixes my chapped lips, stops any sore pains I have, I like to apply this thickly at night so it can soak into my lips, it does tingle quite a lot but I don't mind that as I feel like it's actually being taken into the skin rather than laying over top it, so its repairing and giving moisture under the skin rather than just on top. They sell different scents, like the original one and a strawberry one, but I don't think anything can beat the cherry one.

Lush Lip Scrub | Mint Julips - I already have a review which can be found here, so if you want to know more click there, but in a short. I love this, it removes all dead skin leaving your lips soft and its tasty. 

Loreal Glam Shine Stain Splash | Lolita - This is probably the biggest shock product of the year, I had a coupon for this so I paid around £3 for this, I hate lip glosses, but I heard so much about these I tried it hoping it might change my mind and it did. This is amazing! It goes on feeling like water, its quite cooling, as it settles it gets slightly thicker, it's not sticky or too slippy. the colour shocked me as in the tube it looks pink, but on the lips it's more of a mauvey brown shade. What I liked the most about this is the lasting power, I went 6 hours, with drinking and eating and it was still perfect, not a single touch up needed!

ELF | Runway Pink - For a while I hated light pink lips, they always reminded me of Nicki Minaj or 12 year old concealer lips, but this one is actually really wearable. It compliments my skin tone really well. This applies really creamy but goes to an almost velvet finish, it hasn't got the best lasting power, but I'm not fussed about reapplying.

Rimmel London Kate Moss Matte | 107 - This is an obvious choice as it is everyone's favourite, but it is just a beautiful dark red lipstick, it looks good on every skin tone, it has a velvet matte finish so it isn't drying. It lasts around 5 hours before it begins to fade, and when it fades, it fades badly, it stays around the edge and goes into the cracks, not a nice look! You can easily fix this by using a lip liner though

Rimmel London Moisture Renew | Rose Passion - I think everyone should have a darker red and a bright red, and this is my go to bright red. This red is so creamy and moisturising, it doesn't last a long time, only around 4 hours but it feels so nice to apply that I don't mind topping up. I love the moisture renew range, but Rimmel have recently reformulated this line so I'm interested in trying them. 

Revlon Lip Balm Stain | Honey - This is my most recent favourite, I love the Revlon Lip Balms Stains but I never tried this shade before. Its quite a dark mauvey pink, which is a really nice everyday shade, it applies smoothly, it adds a bit of moisture to your lips but it feels just like a lip balm, when the balmy feel has gone away it feels like nothing on your lips but you are left with a lovely pink stain.

What lip products do you recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...