Thursday 30 January 2014

Maybelline | Big Eyes Mascara Review

Mascara was the first make up items I ever brought, I was 12 years old and I brought a Natural Collection one, 6 years on and I am still buying different mascaras trying to find the best one.
My eyelashes are very spares and short, and they struggle to hold a curl. I have tried countless brands and by far the best is Maybelline, so when I heard they brought a brand new mascara out, I had to buy it. 




The Big Eyes Mascara is a double ended mascara, one end is a thicker larger wand for the top lashes, this wand is like no other I have seen, it reminds me of the Falsies in the fact that it's quite flat with longer bristles at the side, but the bristles spiral around the wand. Its rather hard to explain. I found it applies rather easily and takes 2 layers to build the volume and length that I like. It can tend to clump but if you brush through them gentle and don't wiggle the wand at the base, it helps them fan out nicely. It holds a curl really well and doesn't flake. I have worn this for 9 hours and it looks the same as when I first applied it. Amazing!



However, at the other end of this product, is a smaller thinner brush that is used for the lower lashes. I am not a fan of lower lash mascara, I find that it makes my eyes look smaller and it tends to smudge everywhere, not a good look! But I thought I would give it a try, and I was pleasantly surprised. It made my eyes open up nicely, and added definition. the wand was very easy to work with, but similar to the bigger wand, I found it clumped my lashes if I didn't take the time to apply it slowly. It lasted well as a lower lash mascara, 6 hours and no smudges or flaking, I found after that it just started to disappear.


If you have time to apply your mascara carefully and layer it and work with it, I highly recommend this mascara, it hold really well and looks amazing, its the closest I have gotten to looking like I have false lashing. However, if you're looking for a mascara that you can grab on the go and apply quickly, this won't be it.

How do you feel about double sided mascaras?
Do you like them?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review, I've been hesitating over buying this! I might give it a go now you've suggested it, thank you! Love Isobel x
    isobelxhayes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have nominated you for the Liebster award, details are on my blog, good luck lovely!

    Lauren xx

    http://keepcalmitsonlyablog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...